My Blog List

Monday, February 11, 2013

Rose Bowl Flea Market


I
 I visited the Rose Bowl flea market for the first time this weekend.  It is such an amazing thrifting venue for those of you who are vintage aficionados like myself.  It is about a 4 hour drive from Las Vegas but it is definitely worth it.  We spent 6 hours walking up and down aisles that were filled with vintage collections, re-purposed items, furniture, clothing, accessories, and much more.  I should warn you that the vendors are somewhat categorized.  If you decide to make the drive, have a game plan as to where you would like to spend most of your time "hunting".  I was personally drawn to the area located over a small bridge that is designated by a "vintage clothing" banner.  The next time I drive out, I will definitely spend my entire day sifting through that particular area.   The flea market is held every second Sunday of every month.  It is a great way to spend an afternoon.  You can shop, eat, and people watch. That is another great point that I must mention.  Everyone is dressed with intentional style.  Even the vendors have unique and artistic approaches to their daily garb.  You may also run into a few celebrities .....We happened to see Dustin Hoffman on the way out.   You will probably be way too involved into your shopping to even care.  Have fun!!!










Books turned clocks.....



This was my favorite booth.....vintage designer pieces!!!



Watch shows on how to perfect your home  or your personal style with vintage items.  I love watching "I brake for yard sales" or you can buy the book version.  

No comments:

Post a Comment